Paul is a retired US Marine Corps Colonel with nearly 30 years of experience as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Executive VP, and VP of Supply Chain Management. Paul has honed his expertise through dynamic operational experiences including combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan coupled with advanced education at the post-graduate level.
He has extensive experience leading teams and organizations, providing strategic planning, executive coaching, leadership training and development, and organizational assessment. Paul has extensive experience leading teams and organizations, providing strategic planning, executive coaching, leadership training and development, and organizational assessment.
Paul’s passions are leading, mentoring, and coaching. His goal is to help people and organizations better understand the challenging, life-long, but essential journey to becoming authentic and resonant leaders. His purpose is to help organizations develop generations of leaders — vibrant talent pools — that ensure organizational continuity.
The Callan Course™ is a method of learning that applies his personal leadership paradigm. His multiple unit course is designed to provide you with a proven leadership philosophy that expertly ranges the art and science of leadership.
Highlights from this Podcast:
- Great leadership begins with a belief in a larger than life belief or transcendent idea.
- Every minute of everyday is a leadership opportunity; you’re always leading and influencing.
- All great leadership starts with self-leadership; self-leadership begins with self-mastery.
- Leadership is a human act; regardless of all the technological advances and advancing managerial tools the art of leadership never changes.
- The least important aspect of leadership is the charismatic aspect; modeling and setting the example is so much more powerful.
- There is a distinct difference between managing & leading; you manage “things” and you lead “people”.