Judy Carter is an author, speaking coach, and humorist. Her message of using comedy techniques to decrease cubicle stress makes Carter an in-demand speaker for Fortune 500 companies where her keynotes entertain and inspire.
Judy’s been featured on over 100 TV shows, nominated for Atlantic City’s Entertainer of the Year, and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, The Oprah Winfrey Show and on CNN.
When she’s not speaking, snowboarding, or scuba diving, Judy coaches people how to improve their presentational skills by finding their authentic message and making it funny. Her private clients include TV stars, pro wrestlers, celebs and even a United States senator.
As an author, Judy doesn’t like to brag, but she did write the Bible. No joke, she’s the author of The Comedy Bible (Simon & Schuster) as well as, Standup Comedy: The Book (Dell Books) which was featured on Good Morning America, CNN and The Oprah Winfrey Show, where Oprah recommended the book to anyone who wants to lighten up.
Judy’s new book, The Message of You: Turn Your Life Story into a Money-Making Speaking Career (St. Martin’s Press, Feb 2013), teaches readers how to use life stories to inspire others and launch a speaking career.
Highlights from this Podcast:
- Humor can be used to inspire and is essential for leadership.
- How do you learn to speak from “authenticity”.
- Your people want to know the real you; the key to leadership success is to learn and hone your “message”.
- How do you get people to truly “listen” and “fall in love” with you within one-minute?
- It’s never about you…instead it’s all about them; your communication and message needs to focus on them and their issues.
- Tie your service & product to the “why” you exist; answering & communicating the “why” will lead to inspiration & leadership.