Kat Cole has been the President of Cinnabon, Inc. since January 2011 and also its Chief Operating Officer since October 2010.
Ms. Cole served as Vice President of Training and Development at Hooters of America Inc. As a member of the Executive Team and has directed projects, departments and change management initiatives contributing to growth of brand extensions and increased restaurant units from 175 to 470+ in 28 countries.
She has over a decade of multi-disciplined experience in Change Management, Communications, Service, Sales, and Brand & Organizational Leadership and is a featured speaker and panelist on these topics for various industries, associations and universities. She served as Director of Women’s Foodservice Forum, Inc.
She serves as Chairperson of the board of directors for the Georgia Restaurant Association, serves on the board of directors of the Women’s Foodservice Forum and the Certification Governing board for the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, and has led various committees and projects in the foodservice and hospitality industries.
She received her MBA from Georgia State University.
Kat is also very active with Global Hope Network International (GHNI); A great charity with the mission of bringing help & hope to the hidden & hurting.
- Global Hope Network International (GHNI) is a non-profit, private humanitarian aid organization who believes that it’s possible to bring not only hope, but change, to the poorest villages of the world. And we want you to join with us!
- They help those communities become strong and independent, learn to transform themselves, so they can move away from perpetual poverty and despair.
- GHNI began through a project in 1999 to help an Afghan refugee camp in Pakistan. This effort made such an impression on the nearly three million refugees that stories are told all over the region of the big hearts of our small team.
- That set the stage for additional work and the official launching of Global Hope Network International, “Bringing help and hope to the hidden and hurting.”
- Since then, over 100 other projects have opened doors for us to bring sustainable and transformational assistance to communities in Afghanistan, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Turkey and many others. And through all of that we learned our method of Transformational Community Development.
Kat also asks that we support and buy Pangeo Coffee. A coffee company that is dedicated to village and relief efforts in some of the poorest countries in the world.
Download your free e-book at Audible.com:
Jenni Catron serves as the Executive Director of Cross Point Church in Nashville, TN, a 10-year old multi-site church. She leads the staff of Cross Point and oversees the ministry of its five campuses. Prior to joining the staff of Cross Point, she worked as Artist Development Director in the Christian music industry for 9 years.
Jenni’s passion is to lead well and to inspire, equip and encourage others to do the same. She speaks at conferences and churches nationwide, seeking to help others develop their leadership gifts and lead confidently in the different spheres of influence God has granted them. Jenni blogs at www.jennicatron.tv and contributes to a number of other online publications as well.
Click To Tweet → Awesome Interview With Jenni Catron
She is also the co-author of the new book Just Lead!; a book that provides practical leadership help for women to develop skills to lead themselves and others with the character, confidence and authenticity of a godly woman. The book shows what holds women back and then focuses the skills women need to lead others effectively. Using this hands-on, practical resource will inspire women leaders in the church to use its ideas to gain strength and lead well.
- Helps women successfully navigate the transitions necessary to lead well in church and ministry settings
- Offers women a practical guide for breaking the “stained-glass window” and becoming effective leaders
- Addresses leadership issues such as leading mixed gender teams, earning and giving respect, and navigating through relational landmines
Just Lead! challenges women to embrace their identity as leaders and equips them with the skills they need to lead others well.
Download your free audiobook at Audible.com!
At 22 years of age Jaime Tardy was earning six-figures in a job she absolutely hated. After finding herself $70,000 in debt and hating her job, she knew something had to change. Within 16 months, she paid off that $70,000 and quit her job. Now, as a business coach, she has been on CNN, MSN, Kiplingers Personal Finance, and even Yahoo’s homepage, twice.
She interviews business owners with one million dollar net worths or higher, every single week, to learn about their action tips, advice, and stories to help you build your income to seven figures. She has interviewed best-selling authors like Guy Kawasaki, Seth Godin, Tim Ferriss, Michael Hyatt, and Michael Port, and millionaires you have never heard of, like Craig Wolfe, owner of Celebriducks (a company that makes rubber duckies that look like celebrities!).
An Eventual Millionaire is a person who knows they will be a millionaire, eventually. But they are dedicated to becoming a millionaire on their own terms, and want an enjoyable business and an enjoyable life now.
Highlights From This Podcast:
- Entrepreneurs & self-made millionaires aren’t typically associated with leadership; but Entrepreneurs are the epitome of “self-mastery” – a key leadership trait.
- Most successful entrepreneurs / leaders are just like you and me; full of insecurities and limiting beliefs.
- Success isn’t benchmarked by a dollar figure; it’s all about the journey and living a purposeful life.
- Mentors are key to launching your success; overcome your fear, be honest and get in touch with that dream mentor.
Judith Humphrey is founder and president of The Humphrey Group. In 1988 she launched The Humphrey Group as the first Canadian firm to focus on teaching top executives to be effective speakers. The firm has grown and the range of courses has broadened, with an increasing emphasis on teaching leaders at all levels how to influence and inspire. Judith received an M.A. in English from The University of Rochester and taught communications at York University before entering the business world. Judith’s vision drives the company and makes it the brand of choice for so many leaders.
Click To Tweet! → Awesome Interview With Judith Humphrey
She is also the author of the best selling book Speaking as a Leader. A book that shows you to to lead every time you speak – from Boardrooms to Meeting Rooms; from Town Halls to Phone Calls.
Whether it’s among colleagues at lunch or an audience of a thousand, a leader’s role is to move and inspire others. It’s not only the big occasions that test a leader’s mettle, but the little ones as well—in a casual conversation in the elevator, in phone calls, or one of many incidental, seemingly “insignificant” interactions in everyday work life. Written by one of the world’s leading communications coaches, Speaking as a Leader shows you how to make the most of your daily communications, creating a presence on the job as a genuine and constant leader.
In this eye-opening guide, aspiring (and established) leaders can enhance their reputations and influence by following a few simple steps. Speaking as a Leader:
- Shows how to structure your thoughts and message in any situation using a four-step model
- Offers tips on listening effectively, in three dimensions
- Details why you are the best visual and how to avoid “Death by PowerPoint”
- Offers guidance on taking the “numb” out of numbers
- Includes tips on moving from subject to message
With Speaking as a Leader, you’ll learn to tap into your innate leadership skills at every occasion—whether small or large—and earn the sort of respect that creates devoted friends and passionate supporters.
Highlights From This Podcast:
- Learn how to think like a leader.
- How do you “script yourself” as a leader?
- The importance of using the language of leadership.
- Learn some techniques to achieve leadership presence.
- Leaders must be willing to influence others; from above, from the side, and lead from below.
Get a Free Audio Copy of Judith’s Book “Speaking as a Leader” at Audible.com
Judy Carter is an author, speaking coach, and humorist. Her message of using comedy techniques to decrease cubicle stress makes Carter an in-demand speaker for Fortune 500 companies where her keynotes entertain and inspire.
Judy’s been featured on over 100 TV shows, nominated for Atlantic City’s Entertainer of the Year, and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, The Oprah Winfrey Show and on CNN.
When she’s not speaking, snowboarding, or scuba diving, Judy coaches people how to improve their presentational skills by finding their authentic message and making it funny. Her private clients include TV stars, pro wrestlers, celebs and even a United States senator.
As an author, Judy doesn’t like to brag, but she did write the Bible. No joke, she’s the author of The Comedy Bible (Simon & Schuster) as well as, Standup Comedy: The Book (Dell Books) which was featured on Good Morning America, CNN and The Oprah Winfrey Show, where Oprah recommended the book to anyone who wants to lighten up.
Judy’s new book, The Message of You: Turn Your Life Story into a Money-Making Speaking Career (St. Martin’s Press, Feb 2013), teaches readers how to use life stories to inspire others and launch a speaking career.
Highlights from this Podcast:
- Humor can be used to inspire and is essential for leadership.
- How do you learn to speak from “authenticity”.
- Your people want to know the real you; the key to leadership success is to learn and hone your “message”.
- How do you get people to truly “listen” and “fall in love” with you within one-minute?
- It’s never about you…instead it’s all about them; your communication and message needs to focus on them and their issues.
- Tie your service & product to the “why” you exist; answering & communicating the “why” will lead to inspiration & leadership.
Jennifer B. Kahnweiler, Ph.D. is an International Speaker, Executive Coach and Author who specializes in developing and coaching introverted leaders. Her book, The Introverted Leader: Building on Your Quiet Strength (Berrett-Koehler, 2009) has sold over 20,000 copies and has been translated into 6 languages, including Chinese and Spanish. It was also named a top 20 leadership book on Amazon and a “Staff Pick” by CIO Magazine.
Jennifer has been an entrepreneur and internal consultant in organizations such as GE, AT&T, Turner Broadcasting, and NASA. Her most fun gig has been as a featured work-life expert on the TBS show, Movie and a Makeover and she is very proud of earning the highest honor from the National Career Development Association. She has written for the WSJ, Bloomberg Business Week and Forbes and has written columns for AARP, SHRM and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Dr. Kahnweiler serves on the board of the Berrett-Koehler’s Author’s Co-op and is actively involved in Women in Technology, the Global Speakers Federation, The National Speaker’s Association and the Atlanta Writer’s Club. She is married to Dr. Bill Kahnweiler and has two adult daughters, Lindsey and Jessie.
Highlights From This Podcast:
- Introverts sometimes make the best leaders.
- Many prominent successful leaders are considered introverts.
- Businesses are beginning to shift and understand the value of introverted leaders
- Learn the challenges introverts face in an extroverted world.
- Learn how to unlock success utilizing Jennifer’s “4 P’s” Process: Preparation, Presence, Push, & Practice.