Having started five successful companies and consulted to leadership teams around the world, Russell Bishop has become a recognized expert in personal and organization transformation, helping individuals and companies create unparalleled success.
One of the early pioneers in the field of large group personal development, he created Insight Seminars in 1978 where he continues to serve on the Board of Trustees. To date, well over one million people in 34 countries have graduated from Insight.
In 2000, Russell started Bishop & Bishop, a business consulting firm specializing in performance acceleration helping companies implement business strategies and achieve dynamic performance improvement.
His clients include Fortune 500 companies in aerospace, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, information technology, telecommunications and energy. He has extensive international experience working in England, France, Germany, Spain, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines and Hong Kong, as well as all across North and South America.
In addition to his consulting practice, Russell serves as Editorial Director for the Huffington Post’s GPS for the Soul. His weekly blog is read by tens of thousands of readers and focuses on improving the quality of life on every level.
Russell is also the author of the best selling book Workarounds That Work: How to Conquer Anything that Stands in Your Way at Work
Workarounds That Work will show you how to take control of challenging situations at work, enabling you to accomplish more of what matters, even when systems, processes or other people seem to get in the way.
Every day, people experience increasing frustration in businesses large and small trying to execute critical goals and objectives or get the simplest things done. Roadblocks come in many forms, ranging from misaligned groups to bureaucratic processes, from people stuck in old ways of doing things to constantly fighting fires. Silos compete with each other instead of collaborating and even leadership can appear to be misaligned.
Workarounds That Work provides proven tips and practical workarounds enabling you to increase your own level of productivity while helping your group, team, department or business build a culture of high performance.
Highlights From This Podcast:
- Strategies & processes don’t work; people work processes & strategies.
- You can’t respond well if you don’t have control or influence over situation.
- For every problem we are faced with we need to ask ourselves what we can control or influence.
- Look at problems and complaints as an opportunity to turn it into “contribution capital”.
- Stop making “decisions”; instead change your mindset into a “choice” aligned with intent & purpose.
- Don’t worry about being “perfectly” correct; instead focus on being “directionally” correct.
- There is a huge difference between “accountability” and “responsibility”.