In his early 20s Andrew Warner used credit cards and ingenuity to create a $30+ mil / year (in sales) internet business with his younger brother. He created Mixergy to help ambitious people who love business as much as he does to learn from a mix of experienced mentors. Andrew does that by inviting speakers to live events and online interviews.
This interview is different than others in the sense that Andrew doesn’t really consciously pursue leadership in the traditional sense. However I chose Andrew because of his influence over the internet and his passion for teaching, learning, and helping others achieve their dreams and potential.
That sounds like leadership to me!
Just a take a look at his Mixergy Mission below and you will get a sense that Andrew really does lead from the heart.
The Mixergy Mission:
- The Mixergy Mission is to introduce you to doers and thinkers whose ideas and stories are so powerful that just hearing them will change you.
- The Mixergy Mission is to give you an alternative to the “know-it-all, professional gurus.” Andrew wants to convince you that no single person knows it all. Andrew wants to show you that the best way to grow is to learn from a mix of smart people who are willing to share their expertise and experiences.
- The Mixergy Mission is to infect you with a passion for business and then help you build your business.
- The Mixergy Mission is to encourage YOU to have a mission, not just a startup, not just a company, but a calling.
- The Mixergy Mission is to act as a counter-weight to all the venture capitalists who’ll try to convince you that the only reason to build a business today is so you can flip it tomorrow. The world isn’t changed by people who have an eye on the exit.
- The Mixergy Mission is to convince you to follow a vision so big and important that you can’t do it alone.