Judith Humphrey is founder and president of The Humphrey Group. In 1988 she launched The Humphrey Group as the first Canadian firm to focus on teaching top executives to be effective speakers. The firm has grown and the range of courses has broadened, with an increasing emphasis on teaching leaders at all levels how to influence and inspire. Judith received an M.A. in English from The University of Rochester and taught communications at York University before entering the business world. Judith’s vision drives the company and makes it the brand of choice for so many leaders.
Click To Tweet! → Awesome Interview With Judith Humphrey
She is also the author of the best selling book Speaking as a Leader. A book that shows you to to lead every time you speak – from Boardrooms to Meeting Rooms; from Town Halls to Phone Calls.
Whether it’s among colleagues at lunch or an audience of a thousand, a leader’s role is to move and inspire others. It’s not only the big occasions that test a leader’s mettle, but the little ones as well—in a casual conversation in the elevator, in phone calls, or one of many incidental, seemingly “insignificant” interactions in everyday work life. Written by one of the world’s leading communications coaches, Speaking as a Leader shows you how to make the most of your daily communications, creating a presence on the job as a genuine and constant leader.
In this eye-opening guide, aspiring (and established) leaders can enhance their reputations and influence by following a few simple steps. Speaking as a Leader:
- Shows how to structure your thoughts and message in any situation using a four-step model
- Offers tips on listening effectively, in three dimensions
- Details why you are the best visual and how to avoid “Death by PowerPoint”
- Offers guidance on taking the “numb” out of numbers
- Includes tips on moving from subject to message
With Speaking as a Leader, you’ll learn to tap into your innate leadership skills at every occasion—whether small or large—and earn the sort of respect that creates devoted friends and passionate supporters.
Highlights From This Podcast:
- Learn how to think like a leader.
- How do you “script yourself” as a leader?
- The importance of using the language of leadership.
- Learn some techniques to achieve leadership presence.
- Leaders must be willing to influence others; from above, from the side, and lead from below.